Monday, July 16, 2007

the ultimate house , for inspiration .

*I apologize for the unfinished trim , it seems that I did not take a photo of the room empty with the trim complete .







I just wanted to post some picture from the set of Something's Gotta Give that I found over the weekend thanks to a fellow blogger, it is such an inspiratiol look, not that I have tried to copy the look but the crispness the cool colours dark floors and use of stripes and beachy elements is very much what I stand for in my home , such and easy and traditional look, nice applied moulding in crisp whites. it is a very liveable style, I hope you like, the top two pics are from my home.


In the kitchen shot we applied additional moulding to builder ugly cupboards, installed a farmish cast iron triple sink that I picked up from the local paper for $100.00 bronze finished faucet,and tile back splash with slate inset, the knobs were ordered from out of country to replace ugly oak ones.


The family room, we had installed antiqued cherry engineered hardwood in a dark finish , it looks 100 years old, love it ,even though I could clean it 5 times a day with my swiffer, I tiles the fireplace surround and added bead board to give it some needed style, and removed the cheesy applied thing that was there,and the brass accents, while hubby was on a business trip I surprised him this the wainscotting which turned out so well, I was happy to due the the separation of rooms the opportunity to use completely different styles of applied moulding, I love mouldings.






No comments: