Monday, November 10, 2008

Challenged for the Truth


Well it happened , while eating lunch together as a family our sweet youngest child asked us a loaded question, she looks me straight in the eye and here is how our little conversation went
Sophie: " OK tell me the truth is there really no Santa and the parents just buy the gifts?"

Me :" Do you want to know the truth or do you want a happy story ? "
Sophie " Seriously tell me the truth "
So we told her the truth , she did not have any expression of disappointment as I might have thought ,no she said :
" How did you get all the money to buy all those presents"
We laughed about a lot of little things like that Dad eats the cookies and milk , and that we wrap there gifts the night before and that is why we rush them off to bed.
To tell you the truth I am glad that little charade is over .
When you are faced with your child asking you for the truth what are you gonna do lie !

No comments: