Friday, November 21, 2008

My bathroom

I almost forgot this little area this is my little floating shelf I use it for the perfume I never use because I am very allergic to most smells. The Q-tip container I love, I lot it at a flea market 16 years ago for maybe a dollar , the painting do I dare admit it my creation.
Have I ever shown you my bathroom , I don't recall I have done over 400 posts so who can remember these things.
I have done little things to improve this room , I have toyed with many details to add but have concentrated on the main floor of my house , but it is time to turn some attention on the spaces my husband and I share .
What I like is that it is a good sized room , I also like the floor tile , it is a small sized grey texture tile my husband picked and it works and is very neutral . The counter space is great I can't complain about that , I painted these cabinets from oak to the white , love that , changed the knobs to crystal and chrome , great .
I changed the make-up lighting you know the strip of bulbs to this bronze Restoration hardware inspired fixture from Home depot .



I removed the giant slab mirror and replaced it with these deep moulded round mirrors from the Superstore /grocery store , gorgeous . Those are the things I like/love.

This is one feature that drives me nuts, the hole , it is a dust collector , who would sit there , I have had a curtain on this area to hide stuff , but that didn't work well at all . Below I will show you my newest little project for this area . I should have in hind sight added more drawers .





Oh this I like too , my towel rack , I made this out of scrap MDF and hooks from Home Depot , I hate towel bars , hooks work much better for me .




This is my addition . I will add these two gorgeous legs to the bottom of the drawer area to make it look more intentional , I will also add a shelf area for baskets under the drawers . It will look so much better I am sure of that . And I had these laying around in my basement so this is a free improvement , Love that .







I have a list as long as my arm of improvements for this room




  • new sink and faucet

  • new shower faucets

  • marble ledge around the tub

  • skirting the tub with beadboard

  • adding a substantial header around the shower/tub enclosure

  • new trim around the window

  • glass enclosure for the tub (fantasy wish list )

  • marble counter (fantasy wish list )

  • adding beadboard to the ceiling


  • adding trim work 3/4 of the way up the wall all around the room

That is just about it !




This is what has happened in my area of the world , that right it is the dreaded snow season , it doesn't seem to phase the kids one bit , in fact they get up early and get all bundled up in snow gear , crazy kids! don't they know how much I hate snow, to any of you that don't get to experience this wonder , I know how can I hate it ?



  • I hate being cold

  • shovelling hurts my back

  • it make the house extra messy with all the wet stuff coming on and melting = puddles

  • it is slippery to drive in

  • scrapping my car takes extra time

I just am not a winter girl , trust me if I could choose I choose a warm state hey how about an island?
















No comments: