Monday, December 8, 2008

Taco Soup and cuppies

The link to my cupcakes is www.cuppiesbychris.blogspot.com check it out , plenty of photos.
Have I told you that I have decided to start a cupcake business , things have not started the way that I had hoped with my decorating business so I have decided a third part-time job will be needed for now. It is called {cuppies by chris} and it is just word of mouth and facebook group as far as advertising , as this is a very local business and as I suspected I have already started getting business , thank goodness most people hate to bake, if they are going to buy they might as while buy from me and I deliver and customize . This weekend I filled my first order but soon realized I did not have the right travelling equipment , luckily I found these fantastic deep holders for $9.00 at the grocery store , the depth of the cups will prevent tipping , the worst case scenario is tipping , ice smooshing , nobody wants that .
I have taken to the kitchen lately , I think it is the cold weather . I had to share my best soup recipe {TACO SOUP} it is so easy and delicious.
  • 2 pound of lean ground beef
  • 2 pkgs of taco seasoning
  • 1 lg can of crushed tomato's
  • 1 tetra pack of beef broth
  • 1 can of sweet corn
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
  • 1/2 a large onion diced
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • sour cream
  • cheddar cheese grated
  • Frito's corn chips
  • 2 cups macaroni noodles

In a large pot and with oil saute onion and garlic until softened , add ground beef and brown , add in two pkg of seasoning and add crushed tomato's and tomato paste as well a broth and salt and pepper and chili powder if you like things spicy , add in corn and one crushed tomato can full of water to the mix and cook on medium for 20 minutes while you cook the macaroni or other small pasta , drain pasta and add to soup , cook another 15-30 minutes on simmer , serve with grated cheese sour cream and crunched up corn chips and enjoy , it is always great for left overs as well .



Mmmm nothing like a good hot soup on a frigid winter day .

No comments: