Friday, July 24, 2009

Kitchen cabinet makeover DIY style




Before
After
















OMG I finally did it , I have thought for oh 7 years about doing this little DIY project.


I wanted real chicken or poultry wire but apparently our Canadian chickens are huge and we do not therefore carry 1/2 inch chicken wire , poor me. This square wire was a good option for another project that I completed last week , I built Mason a much needed ear ring holder from pine and wire , it probably could hold about 100 pairs of earrings , it is not so pretty , that's why I haven't shown it here .






Back to my door makeover ,


1.I took a spade bit and drilled in the corners of the recessed panel allowing for me to cut out with the jig saw the center panel of wood .


2. I then sanded with my mouse{black and decker palm sander} and smoothed the edges .


3. I needed to paint the raw yet smooth edge with a couple of coats of paint.


4. After I spray painted the wire white I cut out the wire to the correct size with tin snips and then stapled it onto the back of the cabinet door.


5. Voila I have a display cabinet , which I have now styled with some pretty glasses and my striped aqua mixing bowl.


Total cost $7.00 for a quarter of a roll of wire.







No comments: