Sunday, August 16, 2009

Basement reno's

I was so tired of seeing all these cute laundry rooms that all of you enjoy and thought well mine can be too , it wasn't going to make itself pretty was it , so it was time for change... This is what we started out with a roughly framed closet , isn't it pretty , your jealous I know but don't let it get you all upset.


Beadboard was going up ...

Framing for more v-groove walls ...I see laminate floors I think ? coming in the future...that framing was much easier with husband helping...

All painted white , shelving is coming , Debbie Travis closet pieces coming as soon as they go on sale...they already come with beadboard...
{the curtain rods are what I use to air dry clothes and slipcovers year round}



I saw this on another blog , using a magnetic key or knife holder for drill bits ,brilliant...especially when I already had this one that wasn't being used ... the iron brackets will hold a shelf that I will cut holes into to hold screwdrivers and other tools...it will keep me so organized....





I love my railroaded beadboard, it made sense as I could nail it easier to the existing vertical studs and I think it looks great this way...






Next step a counter made from pine shelving left over and cabinets I found for $30~... just waiting to be installed....
Hope you enjoyed your sneak peak ...




No comments: