Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy NewYear

We had a very nice New Years Eve with friends at their house and all our kids, we let them loose outside at midnight , with noise makers and pots and pans.

We had a wonderful dinner and drinks and we all played Pictionary and then rang in the new year together.
And we finally made good on a promise to take our kids skating for the very first time , see I'm not a cold weather person and nor is my husband and it never seemed important to take the girls skating until we noticed they have NEVER been and they are 9 and 12 we meant to do this last year but it seemed to be put on the back burner till last week.


Mason decided not to even try , too worried she would fall and embarrass herself , yeah cause no one falls , I saw a woman older than me wipe out straight away ,it's no big deal , it was a pure miracle that I didn't fall and it was only because I was very slow , like a little old granny ,it's not like riding a bike at all , and I figure skated as a child and I really thought it would have been easier getting back on the ice.





Sophie and Todd stuck together and made a couple of laps , she did great for a first timer, we will have to make sure that we go a few more times.


The kids are back in school today and I need to get this house back in order , my sleeping is really out of whack , I slept like a teenager this holiday sleeping most days till 10:30am or 11:00am and so did our kids which has left me with a case of insomnia , today I am not feeling myself only having gotten maybe 2-3 hours of sleep last night .
I am hoping to be back on schedule very soon , I have a a very lazy two weeks with the family , no projects , little cleaning and very little cooking . Back to reality today ....
Check out this article on Bed crowns on HGTV.com , I was so pleased to be included for my very own bed crown we made for Sophie .

No comments: