Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gorgeous laminate and fitness updates

As I mentioned in my last post I needed to go source some flooring options , I would love engineered real wood but the way basements can be fickle and can even flood I hesitate installing anything costly like engineered wood and about 1000 feet to cover in the entire basement this could get pricey . I did however find a very wonderful solution , the most real looking laminate I have ever seen , and it is so very well priced too ...we just need 45 boxes...no big deal right , still quite a bit of dough.


It is my perfect floor , it looks and feels so good and it is 12mm which is fabulous too , and it is click installation, easy.




I am crazy about it , it is perfect and will make the basement look so finished , eventually .



I thought I should give you a little weight loss update , I didn't want you to think I had given up again, actually I have conquered it, I got this. I have lost just over 30 pounds and I am feeling so much better , wearing things I have loved and saved , and that I am so glad I did not donate. I have about 6 pounds to go to reach my goal , but I will still keep going to see where my body will take me , my goal was based on my BMI so if I keep going as long as I keep with in that I will be happy and healthy and if I need to buy some news things than so be it.

I can't believe I have the nerve to show you the photo of me uncomfortably plump from last year but I've come along way baby, I know I never showed pics of me on my blog and the reason is I was embarassed of how I had changed.

I credit the Wii with my wake-up call , when the Wii calls you obese its not trying to hurt your feelings believe it or not...sure feels like it is though.

And after 15 weeks of calculating everything I eat and really paying attention to what I am eating and not eating and working out pretty much everyday doing as much cardio as my day will allow I have been able to drastically change my fitness level and my jean size , for instance when I first started to workout again my highest heart rate was hovering around 200 bpm not good at all , yesterday and my most strenuous workout it was 158 bpm.

Yesterday I decided after doing an hour of cardio on the arc , which is similar to to an elliptical machine I thought I would try to run on the treadmill for just 5 minutes, I am one of those people who has never been able to run for more than a sprint , it hurts my hips, my shins and I would always get a cramp ...painful , but I figured I have improved my fitness level greatly , and yesterday I ran 4 mph for 10 minutes I could not believe I could do it , it felt to exciting to be able to now do something that I couldn't do before, happiness.

Before here I am not healthy , not happy with myself or how my health was headed and going in very much a wrong direction , I have a couple of years to the big 40 and I want to really look as good as I can and age gracefully , I am after all completely in charge of that , no more excuses , no one else is going to take care of me but me.


Have a happy hump day all.

No comments: