Friday, October 12, 2012

Fabric overload

 We are still living with our old furniture from our old house , it's not quite right for this house and more importantly our sofas are needing replacing. Most of our pieces are Ikea Ektorp which I love but our three seater sofa is 10 years old and we are on our third slipcover for it . If not for new slipcovers I'm sure it would have need tossing many years ago , I love slipcovers, there is nothing like machine washing your sofa and freshening it up. So until we get new sofas to purchase I figured some new pillow covers were in order. I had this zig zag fabric collecting dust in my linen closet so since I had the sewing machine out I figured I would make some new covers.They will be perfect for the new sectional we are planning on getting for this room.


 I finished up the roman blinds for the dining room, I used an old cream roman blind and covered it with the same grey drapery fabric. I am planning on some wainscoting or trim and soft grey for the walls. I will eventually tackle a coffered ceiling here.
I really need to get the painting started. I'm tired just thinking about it .

No comments: