Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas spirit

I am finally feeling the Christmas spirit, I have even started some shopping on Black Friday , this is new to us here north of the border but its great , it's not crazy and I saved a bundle.

I was looking forward to decorating our new front porch for the first Christmas. I created a garland out of three faux greenery garlands wrapped together , then I added the lights , two strands followed by lots of natural greens , cedar and pine pieces. I used zip ties and just inserted some others. I used the hooks below to hang the garland, I found these at Home Hardware. I couldn't get them into the siding like in the instructions but they worked perfectly for the vinyl trim around the door , I hope the weight keeps this garland from falling , yikes!!! It looks really pretty at night all lit up. I also found battery candles for my lanterns and they have a timer in them brilliant.

 I actually forgot just what decor I have so I was thrilled to find out I had enough of this simple garland for the whole railing , simple sparkly and a little earthy too , I made simple ribbon from some grey fabric I had lying around.

 We are making progress, we have our new tree up , lit and fluffed, ready for ornaments. I found this 7.5' tree at Urban Barn for a great price , but it was not pre-lit... boo , so I had to light it. It sure is purdy even naked.

 I found a bunch of wreaths in the boxes in the basement and thought why not a snow man , I just used zip ties to attach them and a piece of fabric for a scarf.
 It snowed....just a little , I'm OK with a little bit. I hear we are going to have a big snowy winter this year.
 I just wrapped up an applied moulding wainscoting job locally just in time for Christmas, what a nice look for this room. Crisp classic and fresh. I used astragal moulding for the panels , it is my new favourite moulding , I am going to defiantly use it in my home also.
Thanks for stopping by , I hope you are enjoying the hustle bustle. Who's baking ?, who's decorating? who is not quite there and a wee bit overwhelmed?
Check out my Pinterest Holiday Board for a little holiday inspiration.

No comments: