Thursday, November 1, 2012

LAUNDRY LOVE



I have been steadily working on the laundry room base cabinets. I can only imagine how costly it would be to order up custom cabinets and since it is pretty simple to build my own I opted for building my own. 
I selected pine 3/4" plywood.
I purchased the plywood at Home Depot and had my cut all planned out , then my helpful Home Depot associate cut my sheet of plywood into the sizes I needed. 
This makes for quicker assembly , less mess and manageable sized pieces that will easily fit into my hatch back. 


 Here is what became of my sheet of plywood and some scrap MDF if had in the garage. I want my counter to go over the washer and dryer and for the sink to be at the same height , its high but for occasional washing up and filling dog bowls I think it will work very well. These cabinets are 39.5" high.
 But what about a door? Well I had to make one and I did. Out of pine T&G flooring. I cut down the 5" wide boards to 2.5" and used the groove to install sheet bead board, it worked , I was so thrilled.
I do believe now I need to make new upper doors for my laundry room cabinets. Darn!
 The sink cabinet will go the left and the open shelf will sit tot he right of the washer and dryer.
 I can't believe I build a cabinet door !!!
 I have been looking for the right faucet for the laundry room , it needs to be quite short but a oull out hose feature would be great also. This seems to be a good choice.
The counter is ready and waiting still to be stained. I need some help getting it down to the basement .

Now I need to decide , do I paint the laundry room cabinets all white , even though the uppers are currently grey and the trim is grey , I am thinking white would be better for all of it .....oh my ! Maybe the trim can be white ... because the tile is white and I am thinking grey grout , OK I think I figured it out , grey cabinets and white wainscoting. How does that sound?






No comments: