Thursday, January 16, 2014

The completed Family room tour

I thought that I should take some photos of our completed family room ...that feels so good to say , completed! The kitchen is completed the powder room is completed and now the family room is completed. So many room are just not there yet. But these things takes time. 

 Drapes are linen from Ikea 2 pairs for fullness. The rug is from Home depot and is an 8'x10' synthetic sisal which we love. The fan is from Lowe's.
 I added book cases to the fireplace and added a marble hearth and tile to the surround.
 My daughter Mason and I added the chair rail moulding for her bring your kid to work day. The little side table is from Winners.
 All our soft seating is from the Ikea Ektorp collection. The lamps are from a second hand store. The frames are from Ikea. Most of the pillows I made from Tonic living fabrics.
 The coffered ceiling is my latest project which is the crowning touch this room needed. The coffee table is from Urban Barn.
And of course the 6" pine flooring finished in dark Kona stain and top coated with satin varathane, it is getting worn daily which is all part of the plan.
I hope you like my little tour ...thanks for stopping by.

No comments: