Monday, June 16, 2014

Sweet Sixteen

 Over the weekend we celebrated Mason's sweet 16.....how can I be saying that, where did the years go?

 A simple brownie cake...Mason is not a birthday cake person at all.....we all ate too much junk this weekend

Mason wanted a a jumping castle for her party...I love her for this, she is a good girl into good clean fun....so the opposite of me at 16...thankful!!!
We ordered the castle from Castle Kids my friend from grade school's company, if you are in the GTA and need a jumping castle check them out they have the biggest selection I've seen. All kinds of themes, water inflatables, ones with basketball hoops and lots of other rentals and party needs.

 Mason asked for mason jars for drinks...I picked up a great pack at Target for $7 and we used the cute paper straws I picked up from Michael's craft store.
 Things were pretty chilly,gloomy and windy all day before the party but it finally warmed up enough just in time for the start.
 I got a little portable s'mores bar ready for outside, why do we just use graham crackers? I picked up soft chocolate chip and chocolate sided cookies to keep things easy they make another great option for those roasted marshmallows.


We gathered as many blankets as we could find and fired up three portable mini fire pits from Walmart that use the little propane canisters...we love these things, they make a perfect heater and are great for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs too.
All in all it was a great celebration for this big milestone. Happy Birthday to my beautiful first born Mason, my life would be so boring without you...we love you and are so proud of you.

No comments: