Sunday, June 1, 2008

Relaxing weekend.

Really I did take time off this weekend, I relaxed , for a great deal of it , the weekend that is, but I did tackle a privacy wall for my deck to block the air conditioner as well as to create a barrier from our family to my side neighbours , which I can now see into her yard and vise versa , not good, so I built a 6 foot tall wall with left over lumber form the deck , I did have to buy some really cheap strapping and finials, I painted it with the existing house trim I already had so it probably only cost $34.00 , I don't think it will be my last one for the deck as it really adds some character , privacy as well , it makes the space more defined , I like that .
Now I just need to paint the table . I painted the white wicker chair, I dry brushed on some grey paint and then robins egg blue paint and sanded it off , to make it look like it was old perhaps picked up from a flea market , I moved all the blue chairs around the table and put two black chairs with a black table, I also brushed those with the blue paint and sanded off , the paint really brings out the details of the wicker patterns.
I hope you had a lovely weekend and wonderful weather and got to do whatever it is you like to spend your weekend doing .

No comments: