Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Family room

I have been bothered by my family room for a while now, the settee NEEDS recovering badly , the arrangement above it still makes me feel a bit unhappy, the room is a bit drab, I have been wanting to change the colour but hesitated the last time I sampled paints, this photo above is my inspiration for these upcoming changes , I love the wall colour ,it is intense and has a great energy, I turned a corner when I realized I would not choose this colour or anything close to it today , it is dreary, I don't need dreary, and clearly I am moving towards more intense colours in some rooms. Although I am wanting an all white washroom in my ensuite. So it is time to just do it what am I waiting for. The house continues to evolve.
This paint colour is Bear run , by Glidden.
The cream is lifeless , don't like it , thought it might be nice for the ceiling but it changed to a mucky colour when I sampled it , oh my , lesson to all , sample the colour where ever it may go.

Off I go to the Home Depot to gather my paint. I also need new dog proof drapes , the ones I have are worn out and sun damaged , I think I can use some of the velvet for pillows , reuse recycle right. IKea will surely have what I need .

No comments: