Friday, May 29, 2009

Making a memo board

Before I have decided lightening up is still in order , I love change , keeping things the same for me is boring . This memo board is located at the family computer desk , well the only computer desk , we use this all the time , it is crucial . But I have all this light and airy blue fabric just waiting to be used , I have been toying with some ideas , pillows , yeah really just pillows or this memo board so I went for the board, I will do the pillows later.
After


I like it very much , the ribbons are much tighter , better for holding things in place , and of course more tacs , which I had in my tool/junk drawer .
In the case you do not know how to make a memo board , they are so easy , I have been making them for at least 10 years .
What you need :
~a piece of thing plywood or masonite {cut to the desired board size}
~batting
~fabric
~staple gun and short staples
~ribbon
~pins
~iron
optional
~tacs












After ironing the fabric I staped it to the board , then placed the ribbons and secured them with pins , then stapled the ribbons to the back of the board by holding tightly while I secured them .





Pining , take time to balance the placement of the ribbons.





Staple and tightly and neatly tuck the corners.









That is about it .
One hint if you have never done a project like this , start stapling the fabric with one staple in the center of each side of the project and working your way out from those starter staples .






No comments: