Friday, October 23, 2009

The powder room

Come with me on a little and I mean little tour...
Three steps down from the main floor is the powder room , I like the location just out of the way , a little more private , just right ...


It has taupe grey walls {custom mixed by me} and blue ceilings {no idea what shade} and it is the only room with crown moulding , I am not the biggest fan or crown moulding , although I like it , yes I do , I like wall trimwork much more , it is more cottagey , more my style...


I made this frame for the mirror and glued all of those shells and rocks to it , love it .... won't change it ...the wall cabinet is one we bought about 15 years ago , I striped it which breathed new life into it...


I recently changed the light to a school house style fixture , from Lowe's $30.00 , because although I like the old drum shade it was dark in there , and many little boys use this powder room , you catch my drift?






There is this little ledge that is a result of the foundation wall , which I use for family photography , odd? I don't know it seems perfect to me ...I love to see those little faces again , not tucked away in albums...



But the trim in this room is origional and thin a cheap , I hate it , I think it is time to change it , I have toyed with beadboard , panels , tile ... I think I am going to just upgrade the baseboards and door jams , and get a new faucet as well I will beef up that crown moulding , how does that sound? oh and I will address the ledge and make it pretty with trim and more intentional , phew so there it is , I have a doable project , now if the weather would co-operate with me, that would be nice.



No comments: