Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Happy mothers day to all the mom's out there , I hope you were treated well by your loved ones. It actually snowed late yesterday so I decided to go ahead and cut the lilacs from my one little shrub , I didn't want to see them get damaged by the cold weather , there was one tiny pinkish white bloom hiding in the mass of lilac.
My husband wanted to make me waffles for breakfast this morning , sounded great to me , wasn't he surprised to find out they would need to be made from scratch , and with a little coaching in baking he made a perfect batch of waffles for us , with fresh strawberries and whipped creme too .


My favourite guests joined me for breakfast.

Then I whipped up a couple of key lime pies , so delicious , 1/2 cup of lime juice , 5 egg yolks and a can of sweetened condensed milk makes the most perfect key lime pie , talk about easy seriously that was it bake at 375 for 15 minutes and cool , perfection. I added a couple of drops of food coloring to pump up the green color .




I made these little gifts for our mothers , pretty bottles of Evian 3 Gerber daisy's and a personally stamped necklace made by me.




I used my pastry bag to pipe on cool whip , so pretty , no?




Mason played with the camera.




Grandma played too , it was very nice to have our mothers here for mothers day lunch , it was just what I wanted.
The house is so full of flowers , lilacs from my garden at the front door , roses and Gerber daisy's and my favourite dark purple lilacs from my sister in laws house , how lucky am I .

No comments: