Tuesday, June 15, 2010

and painting

I am writing this post after completing 8 hours of painting , the pergola , I wanted it painted before the Sophie's birthday party this weekend , it was supposed to be held on her actual birthday the 26th but too many people couldn't make it end of school problem , people tend to take off the very second school is out , obviously not us , we stick around and relax and get ready to celebrate two back to back birthdays , I am grateful Sophie suggested moving her party up a week because one birthday party a weekend is a lot never mind one on Saturday and one on Sunday , you feel my pain right ! but I have always said its not their fault they were born on the 26th and 27th.

The first coat of paint is on the pergola top but it really needs another , my dear husband will do that this Sunday for which I am very grateful , he doesn't normally paint well , anything...

I picked up this cheerful Hawaii inspired fabric to create banner flags , to hang from the pergola and maybe even to adorn the patio umbrella , Sophie was a doll and cut out about 40 triangles for me while I painted and Todd helped her pin them to the bias tape , this cuts my work in half, much appreciated.

While making dinner for Sophie she pointed out that the jar says Mason , I have to say I am really looking forward to picking her up from her trip away with her school , I can't wait to hear all the stories I have never gone a day without talking to her so strange .

Off to the bath to soak away the aches.

No comments: