Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Simple box drawers for the workbench island

 Sooner than later I tackled some drawers for the workbench island. Turns out that all the scraps from the plywood sheets were more than enough for me to make 5 drawers for this project. I don't have a how to because it is very simple. They are just butt joint boxes that I nailed and glued together.
When I headed off to the store to grab some hardware they did not have the hardware I had planned on getting , they only had three and I being impatient and this being a work space I kept looking until I found something that will work. I honestly don`t know what this is used for but I thought it would work as a pull and at .98 cents I gave it a try. I picked up washers and nuts for the back to make them work as a handle. 
I can use the money I saved to buy other things I need after all. 
I was short two of the card holders so I did order more for this drawer. 
I had 4 card holders or label holders laying around for years , why not use them here I thought.

 The drawers are 20``wide 17``deep and 7.5``tall. No slides at all they just sit on the shelf just simple pull out boxes really.
 I made one box drawer 12`` wide by 33`` long just for wrapping supplies.
We are off today for re-allergy testing for my daughters peanut allergy, it would be amazing if she were not allergic anymore but the chances of that are pretty slim and I don`t even really think about it happening. I want to rule out seafood allergy , we have been avoiding seafood her whole life as many people allergic to peanuts are allergic to seafood and penicillin, she is definitely allergic to penicillin. We will see...

Thanks for stopping by , have a great day !

No comments: