Monday, July 7, 2014

on the home front...

sorry for keeping so quiet lately...not much has been going as as far as home improvement goes, we have been busy with birthdays though....baby girl Sophie turned 13 on the 26th of June one day before Mason turned 16...time has flown by


 We took the girls out for a joint dinner on Mason's birthday and something miraculous happened...they let me take photos of them....this never happens....aren't they so lovely....
I bleached Mason's hair blonde in preparation for her to color it pastel pinky coral.... why not , you're only young once, I blame Youtube videos....

 I had my fall just prior to the kids birthdays but somehow I whipped up a simple birthday cake for Sophie, just a box cake...red velvet...
 It's been very beautiful lately , lot's of wonderful clear hot days....bring it on...because I've got nothing but time while I still am healing my ankles that I sprained...its 18 days since I fell and my ankles are healing quite well and improving nicely but it seems some days it's one step forward two steps back....thank you for all the lovely comments and well wishes...

I am taking Mason to NYC very soon for our mother daughter sweet 16 trip I have been planning since she was a little girl...we are so excited... it will be our first time and we are making a road trip of it....but I need to be able to really walk so taking the time to heal it so important...


We were introduced to something very exciting yesterday , my SIL brought this box of fruit sorbet she picked up at Costco served in fruit cavities....it is so delish you must try...

All this time sitting around has my thinking of all the projects I need to or can do.....soon I will back at it...
Minwax sent me these staining cloths, how brilliant...I can't wait to give them a try...


The MOST exciting thing happened the other day....Ryobi sent me a cordless brad nailer and let me tell you I can not wait to get going with this baby.....my kids always think I'm nuts being so excited over a tool...I wonder if any of what I do will rub off on them when they are older , will they be handy???? So far they show NO interest in what I do around the house...but I didn't at their age either, so only time will tell. 
I think I will be making an outdoor bar table for a our little deck and I can give this bad boy a go!

So for now I sit a lot...and plan

Hope you have a beautiful day 

No comments: