Monday, March 2, 2015

thank you

I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and for leaving me your comments and feedback.

I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised with the responses, I am grateful for so much feedback and so much positive feedback.

I think my gut feeling to keep things natural and not scheduled is how I will continue.

I look forward to some exciting upcoming projects I have still in the dreaming of stage right now...like a hall makeover. I plan on adding wainscoting and even a ceiling treatment outside of my daughters bedrooms...


Sophie's bathroom makeover...and since she doesn't seem care much how the room is decorated I think I am just going to do what makes me happy...I know she'll love it too when its done.
There will be tile, paint, new lighting & a total revamp of the vanity both functionally and visually.
I think it will be mostly black and white marble I hope and lots of trim and maybe a soft touch of blueish grey.
You won't recognize this room...

I am planning on building a rustic headboard with my cousin...because she needs a nice bedroom especially since she is pregnant with her 5th baby...

I am making a few updates in my laundry room currently like switching out the hardware to all brass...don't you love antique brass?...I also plan to turn our existing door into the laundry room into a dutch door...then I figure it's time to install some doors on my pantry closet in that room...but do I order some doors or build some doors...decisions...


I will try to work on taking better photos and I will try to work on my lighting, but spatially it is hard sometimes to get the shots I would really like. Our house is a good size but it's not huge, sometimes its hard to get those great room shots with these dang walls in the way...if only you could see me jammed up against the wall trying to get the best photo possible...sometimes in my excitement I do put out photos that could be better, I will try better but I am not a magazine nor am I a professional photographer, although a professional photographer did once tell me she liked my photos...lol...


I want to address the pop up ad issue that a couple of people mentioned...I am stumped on this one...I don't subscribe to pop up ads being placed on my blog I have to wonder if that is something that can be addressed on your computer if you are having trouble with that, pop up ads are annoying...I know I have my computer set to not allow pop ups ads... I hope that helps. I did check all of my settings just to see if its on my end and I can't find anything here.

I will be continuing from time to time to feature products or brands that I believe in or that relate to my blog...but I will make sure that is not the focus. Sometimes I will just want to share with you good deals and steals just for the heck of it. I promise to be honest and transparent with any opinions I share as I always have, I would never say something I didn't feel because I got something for free.
As for giveaways I am open to that on occasion if a company wants me to do that because like someone said everyone enjoys free stuff. And heck as soon as I can figure out how to turn this into a Travel blogs so I can get free trips I am giving up DIY...seriously I am so jealous of travel blogs..trips for everyone...I am so in need of a vacation, did you know we had the coldest February on record since 1875 I am not sure if I can live the rest of my life here in Canada I am really struggling with these -20c temps...like someone said the other day DIY/renovation is my happy place and being sidelined for several months is tough to handle.

I guess it comes down to the fact that I blog to blog, to share and to connect and to hopefully inspire women especially to try things they otherwise may not have thought to try.
I am amazed at all the kind feedback and comments and I will certainly take all the feedback into consideration as I move forward...I thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts with me and thank you so much for coming back and spending your time with me...

I will see you soon with a 3 year update with before and afters... what I/we have been able to complete and accomplish with our renovations projects...I can't believe it is 3 years already...
see you soon.




No comments: