Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Completed laundry room

 I am thrilled and relieved to share the happy news ....my laundry room is done, done and I love it .
It's so nice to have another finished room.
 Here is how the laundry room started minus the wall cabinet which we moved from the kitchen into the laundry room, bland and blah , but it is main floor and has yard access so I was more than thrilled to have it. But it needed to be pretty. Below is our inspiration photo from Urban Grace, we wanted our laundry room to be just as stylish and pretty.

 I built custom cabinetry and added crown moulding and painted it all bedford grey a Martha Stewart colour. I added tall wainscoting and also painted that the same grey to unify the space.
 I recently built a counter top from lumber and under mounted a sink. The wall colour is heavy goose also a Martha Stewart colour. The counter is stained Kona by varathane.
 I added white subway tile and marble accent. The faucet is from Home Depot and is a bar faucet which is a pull out.

 The rug I found at Ikea.
 I installed lots of hooks for hang drying and organization.
 On my handy display shelf I keep a cutlery basket for drying paint brushes as I always seem to be painting...
The closet came with standard sliders which I removed, I found them just in the way. I recently hung drapes on an I track to conceal the closet,(cleaning and pantry items) and to add a little softness.

Well there it is , I am going to keep up on all of my laundry and chores having such a lovely space to keep me organized.
How much do you love your laundry room ? is it your dream laundry room or is it in desperate need of attention.
Let's enjoy a peek at my last laundry room ....now you know why I so love my my new laundry room.....
Look who came for a visit today , Jen from Rambling Renovators.
I am so excited to part of Jen and Sean's new book Blogger Style, I can't wait to see it , it will be amazing , obviously....Oh by the way have you seen Jen's laundry room reveal , its amazing 



No comments: