Friday, November 2, 2012

Finally our completed kitchen , from builder basic to dream kitchen

 How did I forget to take photos of my fully completed kitchen. It is definitely my favourite room in the house and it turned out as good or better than I had planned.
 From my pine dark stained floors to the second hand kijiji table I found for $40 and refinished in black stain to the Restoration hardware industrial style pendants , I love my new kitchen. It has everything that I desired in a kitchen. It took three to four months to complete but it was so worth the efforts.
 The cabinets are painted Bedford Grey by Martha Stewart. The island butcher block is from Ikea. The counter is carrera marble , love. The squared pulls are Martha Stewart special order from Home Depot. The range is a 6 burner 36" Kitchen aid commercial style range , it is amazing.
 I clad the bulkhead with trim and crown moulding to make it look deliberate and custom and I love it more than if the cabinets didn't have the buklhead.

 The little touches like this wine storage to balance out the extended bulkhead , turns out it created a great opportunity for this useful feature.
 The brackets were simple and from Home Depot. Loving my pot drawers. I needed to replace the basic glides with heavy duty ones , what a difference.
 I love the open shelving , its just enough to display my pretty pieces.
 We all love the water dispenser and ice maker , what a luxury . My baking area is such a dream. I need to find more time to bake, Christmas is coming.
 Bringing the cabinet over the fridge forward and creating a proper gable there and dressing it with crown made such a huge difference creating a built in feeling for the fridge.
 Extending the island with this microwave cabinet and adding electric to the island was such great move , I love mixing things on the island its so handy.

 I went from a huge triple sink to one single extra deep rectangular contemporary sink , and I love it , it fits everything , and it can be full and I mean full of dirty dishes and you would never know they were in there nice when you like messes out of sight like I do.
 Bamboo blinds form Lowe's . The amazing Delta faucet , I would highly recommend Delta .
The beautiful and quiet range hood from Tasco.



 Art from Urban barn.
 Chalk wine glasses from Pier 1 Imports.

 The bread tin is from Winners.
 Dining light is from Home Depot, and the chairs are Elte.
Here is my advice about creating the perfect kitchen for you. Take your time, get what you love , listen to
advice but follow your true desires, it's a kitchen for you after all.

Just a little reminder of where this kitchen started.


WOW I forgot just how much work this took. So glad it's done.


Follow my project and boards on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/chriskauf/

Here are a few posts regarding our kitchen renovations and updates
http://chriskauffman.blogspot.ca/2012/05/our-bedford-grey-kitchen.html







37 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

gorgeous gorgeous! what is my favorite part, i couldn't tell you. the drawer pulls, the cab color, the wine storage, the counters? all!

Victoria said...

That is gorgeous! Are you okay with your photo's being pinned on Pinterest? If so, I'd love to pin it for inspiration!

Cathy said...

That is so gorgeous!!!! Love it all.

Doreen said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Holy sh*t is all I kept thinking as I scrolled down. Wow. Wow. Everything is incredible.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

It's amazing!! It makes me feel like I want learn to do the wood working too. I was wondering what your wall color is? Would you please share?

Alisa D. said...

You're amazing. It looks beautiful!

Karla @ {The Classy Woman} said...

Everything turned out gorgeous!! I love your kitchen. For the record, while I love what you did I would have taken the builder version too-love dark woods also. Our 90's kitchen needs a serious makeover, it's next on the list!! ;)

Laura from Top This Top That said...

what a grear your kitchen. Love your details and color choices.

Cynthia said...

Great Job! Love all the custom touches, clever way to keep the cost down. My favourite part is the subway tile. Love it.

Cindy

Lisa L. said...

Just absolutely incredible. You must be so proud of yourself.

sfitzg2 said...

Amazing! It looks lovely!

Walking on Sunshine said...

What a beautifull place you have,congratulations
It is so beautifull
love it
xoxo
Lulu

SmileyIsles said...

It's beautiful! I love the bulkhead area and the mix of open shelving and cabinets. And, you're baking area...I just love everything! Thanks for the inspiration.

GlamaMama said...

Your kitchen Reno is absolutely fantastic. What an amazing reveal. Congratulations!!

GlamaMama said...

Wow, what a fabulous before and after reveal. Congratulations! Your new kitchen looks amazing!!
Now enjoy it!!
Christine ;-)

GlamaMama said...

Your kitchen Reno is absolutely fantastic. What an amazing reveal. Congratulations!!

Jenna said...

Chris, you constantly amaze me! You're kitchen is amazing!!!! I can't believe that you took that starting point and were able to make it so fab!!!

{hooked on hickory} said...

amazing, chris! my kitchen is pretty done too but i know (especially after viewing yours) that i need to add trim to my soffits! beautiful work! happy baking!

ashley @
{hookedonhickory}

Shorely Chic said...

love it - absolutely beautiful!!

MDF Board said...

I will always follow your blog as i have seen you share awesome pic and info on your blog.

Modular Kitchen | MDF with Veneers

Layne said...

You have so much talent, and you did such a wonderful job! Congrats to you on all of your hard work. Beautiful!

How2home said...

This is amazing!

Kristopher said...

What an awesome kitchen! It’s so spacious and has such a really nice ambiance. It’s like a very dimly lit bar, but more homey. I’ve always wanted a spacious kitchen so that I have more freedom when changing up the place. Also, I’d like everyone to feel comfortable whenever they feel like cooking.


Kristopher Diss

Rachaeln said...

I LOVE your kitchen, especially the cabinet color. I've been searching for pendant lights myself, are these the same ones that you have? They look similar:

http://www.nationalbuildersupply.com/p/hudson-valley-lighting-7315pn-pendant.html

Keep up the good work!

Gabrielle Jeromy said...

I can’t even begin to tell you how awesome your kitchen looks like. I immediately fell in love with the cabinet when I saw it! The whole kitchen itself demonstrates uniqueness, functionality, and space. You never see those three components blended so evenly every day. Outstanding job!

Gabrielle Jeromy

Razmataz said...

You are amazingly talented. Not only your ideas but the execution.

I have had a leak in my Florida kitchen and we need to pick new counters. I am thinking of the Carerra. Is yours honed? How are you finding it. Is there a way to protect it or to fix a problem. Thanks.

Julie said...

What a fabulous kitchen! Saw your feature at Hooked on Houses. Love it.

Margaret said...

Saw your kitchen on Hooked on Houses and I love it from top to bottom!!! Great job.

I liked the round table better in the kitchen. OK.

Crystal Anderson said...

Beautiful!!! Would love more details into how you covered the bulkhead it looks amazing!

Kelly Jester said...

Hi Chris ! I am renovating my kitchen and am faced with a bulk head and have been trying to figure out the best way to disguise it. Your picture is the best I have seen. Would you mind sharing with me how tall the bulk head is and how far it sticks out from the wall ? Also how many pieces of crown molding did you have to use to get the look you achieved and what size you used. I am so happy I may finally have found a solution ! It really dates my kitchen and I thought my whole concept would have to be compromised. I love the marble but everyone I have talked to is steering me away from it bc of the duribility. Do you love it other than the look ? Thanks so much !!

Amber said...

Wow Chris! Your kitchen is gorgeous! So much inspiration! I love it!! I have dark cabinets too, and would love to lighten them up.

Nikki Greenhow said...

Were your Home Depot corbels a stock item ... or did you buy them cross-border? Your kitchen is amazing!!

Just Beachy said...

Nikki, the corbels were in stock at Home Depot

scrappy25 said...

What a transformation, congrats! Can I ask about how you trimmed out your bulkhead over your cabinets. In the before picture the bulkhead extends and inch or two in front of the cabinets. In the after picture, the bulkhead seems to line up with the front plant of the cabinet doors. Did you increase the depth of your cabinets or decrease the depth of your bulkhead? What kind of trim did you use on the bulkhead to make it look so awesome?
thank you!

Tyler and Jamie Kenney said...

I love your kitchen and I am in the middle of painting my cabinets Bedford Gray. I was wondering, what color did you paint your kitchen walls? I am have a tough time finding the perfect color.
Thank you!
Jamie Kenney

Ellen Mallernee Barnes said...

Flippin' GORGEOUS!!!

LinkWithin

you might also like